Phage Display Discovery Tool
Dyax has produced large diverse libraries of antibodies, peptides and small proteins. Phage display enables Dyax and our partners to search these libraries for potent binders. This results in the rapid identification of drug candidates that bind with high specificity and affinity to targets of therapeutic interest.
Each library can be used broadly against a wide range of therapeutic targets.
The phage display process generally consists of:
- Selecting binding entities with high affinity and high specificity to a target from the phage display libraries
- Producing and evaluating the selected binding entities to choose therapeutic leads
Unique Patented Technology
We believe that our proprietary phage display technology has several advantages over other drug discovery technologies, including:
- Diversity and abundance. Our phage display libraries can contain billions of potential binding entities that are rationally designed variations of a particular antibody, peptide or small protein framework.
- Speed and cost effectiveness. We screen our phage display libraries rapidly to identify therapeutic candidates.
- Automated parallel screening. We have an automated process that allows us to utilize multiple screening strategies.
- Rapid optimization. When needed, we are able to design and produce libraries based upon initial hits to further optimize our leads.
Partners in Drug Discovery
Companies can use Dyax's proprietary phage display technology to improve the speed and cost effectiveness of their own drug discovery programs. Learn about our extensive partnership and licensing options under our Licensing and Funded Research Program.